Wednesday, July 23, 2008

iPhone, uPhone, weAllPhone

After waiting for several days for my iPhone to come in, I finally gave up on the AT&T Store, who apparently lied to me when they told me that I was on a waiting list for an iPhone, and went to the Glendale Apple Store last Thursday to get one.

There was a line, which surprised me a week after the release, and they told me it would be a 90 - 120 minute wait. I got a sandwich, came back and waited about 20 minutes. There were a few blips because I wanted a family plan with the other line we had started at the AT&T store, and I wanted the union discount, which they aren't supposed to do at the Apple store.

After buying it I got home, called AT&T, and got someone here in America on customer service (much to my surprise), and he fixed everything.

So far, 4 stars on the phone. It makes my Treo suck by comparison. And I liked my Treo a lot. The Internet access is great on the iPhone, and so far everything works well as advertised. It's definitely an enormous leap forward in technology.

3 comments:

Marcelo Teson said...

Union discount???

Bondelev said...

http://www.unionplus.org/att-wireless.cfm

Anonymous said...

I recommend not upgrading to 2.0 software if you can avoid it. It ruined my email on my iPhone and Apple should be working on a fix. The Apple discussion boards describe the broken email issue in great detail -- there are literally thousands of views and hundreds of "me too!"'s. I used to love my iPhone, since upgrading the software to 2.0, not so much.