Thursday, September 14, 2006

Continued Humiliation!

The Dodgers took a 5-2 lead into the 7th inning, but for the second time in three days blew a late lead when Brett Tomko (nicknamed Bombko when he was in SF) served up a 3-run homer and lost the lead to the weak Cubs.

That leaves the Dodgers only 1/2 a game up on San Diego, with a crucial 4-game series over the weekend. I expect to be at the Sunday & Monday games.

I will also be going to the USC-Nebraska game this weekend. For obvious reasons, I'm a USC football fan as well. In fact, much like my father was , I'm much more of a college football fan than I am a pro football fan. Dad liked Pete Carroll a lot when he was with New England, but he didn't live to see Carroll's success at USC, where he's really found his strength.

I think it's too early in the season to make judgments on USC, and many other teams, frankly. But I do like the team, even though it's young. And with a number of injuries, the Trojans keep getting younger. The line predicts USC by three touchdowns, but I think it may be closer. Nebraska is ranked 19th and USC 4th.

No comments: