Wednesday, December 03, 2008

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

I see a lot of new theatrically released films every year, although most of them between November and February. This year I had a three-month lapse between MOMMA MIA! and tonight, when I saw SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

If someone had said to me, "One of the best films you will see this year will be a Bollywood film directed by Danny Boyle," I'd have said they were crazy.

If someone had said to me "One of the best films you will see this year will be about WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE.... in India!," I'd have said they were crazy.

If someone had said that the aforementioned film would be one of the most deeply romantic ever made, well, you know where this is going.

Turns out, I'm the crazy one. I can't recommend this film enough. There's a wonderful combination of Indian and American film styles, some excellent acting, and a fantastic script. If you get a chance, see it.
Post a Comment