Friday, February 24, 2012

HARRY POTTER 7



HARRY POTTER 7 is the last in a very, very long series of children's films about witches or some such thing. I really don't remember most of the films, in fact, I'm not even sure I saw all of them (although I think I did). The film really ought to come with a recap at the beginning to remind us old farts who the characters are and what the hell is going on. Also, as with the last film, the cinematography is incredibly dark and it's hard to see what they are doing.

J.K. Rowling does know how to write a good story, even though I don't think there is a single element in the series that is original, but the way she handles them is quite good. Most of the first half of this film is very well-paced (after a couple of long expository dialogue scenes), but the second half seemed interminable. At some point I really stopped caring whether or not they killed off Harry as long as they finished the frigging movie.

Well, at least the series is finally over.

No comments: