Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WRISTCUTTERS: A LOVE STORY

WRISTCUTTERS: A LOVE STORY is a great little independent film about life after death in a world populated by suicide victims. It's part comedy, part romance, and all different. It has a great cast of mostly unknowns, and a few cameos by better-known actors like Tom Waits, Will Arnett (Gob from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) and my friend Abe Benrubi from E.R.

It's definitely NOT a film for everyone, but if you like quirky independent films, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hi David,
As Supervising Sound Editor & Re-recording Mixer on Wristcutters: A Love Story, I'm glad you liked the film, and hope you liked the sound as well :)

best,


Joe Milner
Puget Sound, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA

Bondelev said...

Hi Joe. Nice work on the film. I know how hard it is to deal with low-budget independent films and do a good job.

I generally don't comment on sound design in my reviews unless it's outstanding in some way (such as nominated for an award). If you look at the posts about the Sound Mixer Smackdown incident, you'll see why!