Sunday, March 18, 2007

SPRING BREAK ENDS

Today was the last day of a well-needed Spring Break. USC celebrated with their men's basketball team advancing to the "Sweet 16" round of March Madness by upsetting Texas. They next play top-seeded North Carolina on Friday.

Spring Training continues for MLB. I have gone to Spring Training several times in the last few years to see the Angels in Phoenix. For a number of reasons, I was unable, and frankly uninterested, in doing so this year. I liked the Angels team that won the World Series a few years ago but have stopped following them closely as they let a lot those players go. Although they have a potentially good starting rotation this year, I don't think they will win their division.

The Dodgers, on the other hand, look to be one of the best teams in baseball. As we start the season in two weeks I'll be posting a lot more about baseball.

I have now caught up on my movie viewing of last year's films. By my count, I saw just shy of 100 feature films, seeing the vast majority of them between October and February. That's pretty intense, so when awards season wraps up, I generally lay off films for a while. If I get a chance, I'll try to do a year-end wrap-up of what I've seen.

No comments: