Some facts that stick out:
- The producers were given a refund check for $20M at the end of shooting as tax benefits for shooting outside the US
- Many local workers earned less in a week than US crew would have earned in a day
- The director brags that they bought all of a local's possessions as set dressing "for about a dollar."
- The writing alone cost $14M with ten different writers doing drafts
- Numerous bribes totaling over $200k were written into the budget
- Perks for actors range from overpriced to ludicrous
- Numerous scenes were in the movie only for the money derived from product placement