Friday, August 18, 2006

USC Classes Start Monday

With classes starting Monday, I've been trying to take it slow the last few days of summer vacation.

Yesterday I saw my doctor. Last year I was critically ill and almost died. I had a very long recovery period and have had a few relapses since then. For the past 5 months, things have been good, and I got a clean bill of health from the doctor. This is very good news.

Someday I may feel like writing more about how sick I was.

I celebrated by going to a wine tasting of Rhone wines. They were excellent.

One of the things we do over the summer is go to concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. We subscribe to one of the jazz series, but we've ended up trading in most of the tickets for classical concerts due to scheduling issues. One of the perks of donating is the ability to go to rehearsals, so we went to this morning's rehearsal of the Fantasia concert for this weekend. It was a lot of fun, but it got hot towards the end.

We got back in time to see the end of the first Yankee-Red Sox game. (Why isn't the second game on ESPN?)

Another embarrassment!

No comments: