Thursday, February 02, 2012

ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM

Yesterday I watched two movies featuring fighting robots.

TRANSFORMERS 3

and

REAL STEELE.

I would really never like to see a movie about fighting robots again.

Although to be honest, both films were better than I expected. TRANSFORMERS was much better than the last film, mostly thanks to the action sequences. Unfortunately there's a lot more movie than just stuff blowing up. Nice work on the sound by many of my friends including former USC student Erik Aadahl, who was Supervising Sound Editor.

REAL STEELE is truly the Rock 'em Sock 'em come to life. It's an incredibly stupid concept salvaged by good acting and a surprisingly good script. Also the sound design was amazing in every scene.

Neither of these films are films I would normally recommend, but for students of film sound, these are both worth seeing in a good screening environment.

No comments: