Friday, July 20, 2007

Les Paul: Chasing Sound

I finally got around to watching the AMERICAN MASTERS documentary on Les Paul called CHASING SOUND, the brilliant guitar player who was instrumental (pardon the pun) in advancing recording technologies for overdubbing, as well as designing solid-body guitars. Without him, the recording methods used in virtually all styles of music would not exist. The film is great, it explores his whole life and the many periods and styles in it. He's currently 92 years old and still performs publicly every week in New York.

I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the history of recording technology, as well as fans of Paul and his wife Mary Ford.

3 comments:

Cynthia Friedlob said...

Loved it! Love that he's still performing. Very inspiring.

AMERICAN MASTERS is one of my favorite PBS shows.

Bondelev said...

I'm just glad someone is still reading my blog!

Cynthia Friedlob said...

I think everyone else is at the beach!